Special Event Coordinator
Reel Time Events is a fun and vibrant company which was founded in 2005. We are a small team working in an office to the south of Edinburgh, right next to the by-pass and with fantastic views up to the Pentlands.
Reel Time Events organise events, entertainment and mobile bars for corporate events, conferences, incentives, weddings and private clients and you can expect to deal with all of these sectors, specialising in one (or more) of them. As this is a newly created role, there will be a degree of flexibility, though we envisage this being an administrative role with some/occasional onsite management of events/bars, attendance at wedding fairs and similar ‘out of normal office hours’.
We expect the successful candidate to start at the beginning of May 2017 and the position will initially be fixed term for 6 months, though we could look to extend this for the right candidate.
Day to Day
- Prompt correspondence with clients and suppliers
- Developing a fantastic rapport with clients and suppliers
- Taking phone and email enquiries and converting into bookings
- Sending out booking forms and ensuring prompt payments
- Liaising with venues and actively seeking new venues to work with
- Liaising with clients and exceeding their expectations from initial enquiry to after event follow up
- Planning every aspect of wedding and event bars: Organising licences, staffing, logistics, stock
- Working on events, which could be anything from regular onsite management of bars to occasionally helping out at a Highland Games. Some elements of the work can be quite physical and will involve lifting, working in muddy fields and in inclement weather!
- Increasing sales, upselling and maximising company profit
- Providing five-star customer service
- Looking after one or more of our social media profiles
- Helping out other members of the team as required
- You have at least 2 years of high end customer service experience
- You enjoy working in a sales environment and understand the importance of upselling for the benefit of the client
- Flexible approach and ability to adapt as the role requires, especially at times of the year which are very fast paced and hours can be long
- You are patient and can empathise with clients, but strike the right balance to get the required information from them before deadlines
- You are polite, friendly, organised and have a great eye for details.
- You have a can do, proactive attitude and enjoy taking control of your own tasks whilst at the same time working as part of a small team
- Ideally you have experience of working in a wedding/event/bar environment and have some great contacts in the industry
- Driving licence and willing to drive a van a definite advantage, as is a first aid certificate or personal alcohol licence
- Knowledge of music, PA systems, whisky, ceilidh dancing, bagpiping, cocktail making…. would be great, though a positive outlook and willingness to learn new skills and the ability to pick things up quickly is also welcome.
How to apply:
Please apply with CV and cover letter answering all of the following questions:
- Why you would like to work for Reel Time and how could your skills and personality best fit into our team, including what area(s) of the business would suit you best (eg Weddings, Corporate Events, Bars etc)
- Which previous job have you most enjoyed and why – or – Which previous job have you least enjoyed and why?
- What cocktail best reflects your personality and why?
- How would you inject a bit of fun into the office?
- If you do not currently live in Edinburgh (or nearby) please let us know about any plans to relocate here or commute
- Do you have any holidays booked in the next 5 months?
Please email you CV and cover letter to Cath at: email@example.com
Closing date: 31st March 2017
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted